Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Spiritually Fit

Question of the day:
What makes you THRIVE in this life? 

How can a young man keep his way pure?
By guarding it according to your word.
With my whole heart I seek you;
let me not wander from your commandments!
I have stored up your word in my heart,
 that I might not sin against you.
Psalm 119: 9-11
I am so blessed to have become part of a wonderful Scripture memory group this year. My fiance, Chase, and I both meet with this group every week. Memorizing new Scripture every week has been a humbling experience. God is teaching me self-discipline as I strive to recite His word daily. It is now written on my heart - how cool is that?? If you have been trying to memorize Scripture on your own but have found it extremely difficult, I encourage you to meet weekly with someone. Whether it's your spouse, a friend, or a family member, find SOMEBODY that will partner with you to memorize a new verse each week and commit to reciting them to yourself daily and to one another at least once a week. Start a group! I have been blessed beyond belief by meeting with a small group from my church every Sunday night to recite our Bible verses to one another and discuss what God teaches us through these verses. Hiding God's precious Word in our hearts is one of the most important things we can do. By His mercy and grace, these verses will come to you in times of joy and in times of sorrow, in times you need to encourage someone but your words just aren't enough, in times of plenty and in times of want. It's not about just getting it done and being able to know and say that you did it - it's about thriving in God's word every day, living and breathing it. Think about it as a way of gaining spiritual fitness. The Bible lays it out: "How does a young man keep his way pure? By guarding it according to Your word....I have stored up Your word in my heart, that I might not sin against you."

Grace and peace,
Caroline


1 comment:

  1. I absolutely LOVE this! I know I would not make it in my journey if He weren't with me.

    ReplyDelete